MindsetGo is looking for a creative, knowledgeable, and passionate individual with the expertise and drive to develop content for our website, newsletters, and other promotional materials. Our ideal candidate will have the persuasive writing skills needed to weave storytelling with value and evidence-based content to create the best marketing strategies and results. Candidates who have a talent for visual marketing formats are a plus. This is a unique opportunity to work on both strategy and execution and see your work have a real impact not just on the brand, but on the current and future fans that follow, love, and work with MindsetGo.
MindsetGo is a forward-thinking, fast-paced company that trains people of all ages to be more confident and skilled communicators through experiential learning workshops and coaching. Our three programs: Student Success, Family Success and Professional Success develop skill sets, support mindfulness around habit change and embrace a growth mindset. Our areas of expertise include: customer and employee engagement, sales training, career path development, and public speaking/presentation skills. We also do motivational speaking engagements and teach parents how to connect and relate to their children more effectively. We often pair with community and learning organizations to uniquely tailor each of our programs to our specific audience, so with this internship you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, making every experience different and exciting!
Interns will be directly involved in decision-making and have the chance to collaborate one-on-one with the President of the company. We would also love to work with you so you can receive academic credit for this internship! All positions are 8-15 hours, but flexible depending on company needs. If you are receiving this internship for academic credit and have weekly hour requirements from your college/university, please let us know.
Location: Our office is located on 18 Lyman Street in Westborough, MA, but much of our project-based work can be done from the comfort of your dorm, apartment, or home. Ask Mark (contact info. below) for more details when you apply!
Who are you?
- Well-organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Great oral and written communication skills to contribute to the humble voice of MindsetGo and our online presence.
- 2+ years of experience creating web content, as well as channel- specific knowledge (blog, whitepapers, presentation decks, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) Past experience building audiences online for both B2B and B2C
- Solid understanding of SEO for web content (on-page and off-page).
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, Constant Contact, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop (knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus).
- Working understanding of social media platforms and available tools.
- Persuasive communication skills.
- Willing to work independently with results-oriented work ethic.
- Entrepreneurial passion.
- Preferred Majors: Business, Marketing, Communication.
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
How can you help us?
- Contribute 8-15 hours per week*
- Develop content marketing pieces including but not limited to: emails, newsletters, blogs, whitepapers, infographics, and guides; for both B2C & B2B segments.
- Collaborate with sales, education, designers, and external influencers and/or industry experts to produce relevant content.
- Contribute content for the development of marketing copy for ads, sales collateral, and strategic online advertising.
- Contribute to the development of direct and indirect marketing campaigns.
- Follow, find, and interact with great branded and unbranded content across the web.
- Develop and monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of our advertisements, newsletters, and other promotional materials. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews.
- Identify and contact local media outlets to be used in advertising.
- Create templates for press releases, emails, donations, etc. to be used continuously.
- Contribute to website redesign project
*Flexible depending on company needs. If you are receiving this internship for academic credit and have weekly hour requirements from your college/university, please let us know.
We are looking for bright, motivated, and passionate people who are hungry for practical experience and collaboration. As an additional benefit to joining the team at MindsetGo, you will develop transferable workplace skills that will help you stand out from your peers. As a young but quickly developing company, enjoy a positive and energizing environment.
How to Apply
Please email Mark Altman at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 5th with your resume and a brief video showing you answering, or written answers to the following questions:
Why do you see yourself as a confident communicator? What are the skills you are looking to develop in this internship and why? What are three ways you differentiate yourself personally and professionally? I look forward to hearing from you.