MindsetGo is looking for a creative, knowledgeable, and passionate individual with the expertise and drive to develop and grow our online presence. This is a unique opportunity to work on both strategy and execution and see your work have a real impact not just on the brand, but on the current and future fans that follow, love, and work with MindsetGo.
As Social Media Intern, you’ll be creating compelling visual content for MindsetGo’s social channels, engaging with users on a daily basis, and building relationships with viewers and followers. You will be a creative force on the content team, developing deeply engaging posts for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter.
MindsetGo is a forward-thinking, fast-paced company that trains people of all ages to be more confident and skilled communicators through experiential learning workshops and coaching. Our three programs: Student Success, Family Success and Professional Success develop skill sets, support mindfulness around habit change and embrace a growth mindset. Our areas of expertise include: customer and employee engagement, sales training, career path development, and public speaking/presentation skills. We also do motivational speaking engagements and teach parents how to connect and relate to their children more effectively. We often pair with community and learning organizations to uniquely tailor each of our programs to our specific audience, so with this internship you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, making every experience different and exciting!
Interns will be directly involved in decision-making and have the chance to collaborate one-on-one with the President of the company. We would also love to work with you so you can receive academic credit for this internship! All positions are 8-15 hours, but flexible depending on company needs. If you are receiving this internship for academic credit and have weekly hour requirements from your college/university, please let us know.
Location: Our office is in Westborough, MA, but this can be a virtual or hybrid opportunity depending on your preference.
Who are you?
- Well-organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments. Evidence of social media management experience on one or more platforms.
- Great oral and written communication skills to contribute to the humble voice of MindsetGo and our online presence.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be utilized in different scenarios.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Persuasive communication skills.
- You understand that social media is not just a place to broadcast but also a place to listen and respond.
- Willing to work independently with results-oriented work ethic.
- Entrepreneurial passion.
- Preferred Majors: Business, Marketing, Communication, English, Creative Writing.
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
How can you help us?
- Contribute 8-15 hours per week*
- Content Execution: create and strengthen social media campaigns to generate traffic.
- Build relationships and engage our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other media accounts.
- Create brand awareness through compelling content to be shared by influencers.
- Develop and monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of our social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Observe trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings, views, and comments and respond accordingly.
- Contribute to website redesign project
*Flexible depending on company needs. If you are receiving this internship for academic credit and have weekly hour requirements from your college/university, please let us know.
We are looking for bright, motivated, and passionate people who are hungry for practical experience and collaboration. As an additional benefit to joining the team at MindsetGo, you will develop transferable workplace skills that will help you stand out from your peers. As a young but quickly developing company, enjoy a positive and energizing environment.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like it’s the one for you and you are excited about the work we are doing, please apply now by completing the form on the page OR by emailing Trevor Stemm at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your cover letter and resume.