March 13 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The vital ingredient for life success is mastering communications skills. In the era of phones and social media, face-to-face communication skills are decreasing and anxiety as well as lack of confidence is increasing. With confident and skilled verbal, non-verbal and listening skills, students will thrive as happy, healthy and well-adjusted young adults when they feel confident to vocalize their ideas, solve conflicts, demonstrate emotional intelligence and actively listen. The best communicators know where to focus their energy and, maybe even more importantly, where not to…a critical dimension of Mindset Leader. This four-week program trains students to become more confident and effective communicators.
Students will learn how to:
- Identify, interpret and respond effectively to body language
- Communicate a complaint using emotional intelligence– via words, tone, and body language
- Validate opinions and embrace perspectives without conflict or embarrassment
- Problem-solve confidently with conflict-resolution techniques
- Cope effectively with changing emotions and distractions