- This event has passed.
Vistage Meeting – Courageous Conversations: How to Motivate and Influence Change
Do members of your team struggle with inconsistent performance, broken commitments, and unmet expectations? When leaders notice performance problems like inconsistent follow-up, poor attention to detail, and missed deadlines, they are often hesitant to address these challenges head-on.
The lag time between identifying and discussing problems continues to increase due to a lack of assertiveness skills, fears around being conflict-avoidant or unsympathetic, and being perceived as a micromanager. Our Courageous Conversations program teaches leaders to develop essential dialogue and influence skills to proactively hold difficult performance conversations and close the gap between actual and expected behaviors.
- Solve the actual problem not the perceived one
- Know the right questions to get to the root cause(s) of the actual problem
- Respond to deflections and excuses
- Facilitate a conversation that creates cooperation and doesn’t force compliance
- Understand what motivates people to change beyond consequences and rewards