How to Prioritize Your Time
August 16, 2022 | Mark Altman
So many of us tell ourselves that we should focus more on our priorities and passion around our jobs. That we should spend more time with our respective teams for coaching and development. But the excuse consistently seems to be we don’t have time and are too busy putting out fires. If this is you, it’s time to stop being reactive and regain control of your time and choices to become more proactive.
If you were to have more time due to fewer meetings, more efficient time management, the additional question is how would you spend it? Have you thought about what you would do with your newfound time? Here are a few ideas:
- Reflection time: Check in with how you are feeling. Fatigued, triggered, disengaged, demotivated?
- Mental health time: Decompress and relax.
- Meeting preparation:
- Proactively mentor and coach instead of reactively catching up.
- Review notes from your last coaching meetings and follow-up.
- What strategies did you team try to employ? How have they been working?
- What habits are they working on?
- Be strategic and work on high-level problem-solving. What is the biggest problem on your plate?
- Sales and customer service
- Observe calls.
- Increase customer touches.
- Secret sauce: What techniques are you using? How are you transferring knowledge?
- Strategic planning: Forecast and pipeline.
Enjoy this post? Contact us at MindsetGo to empower your leaders and teams to build confidence, develop skills, and shift mindsets and habits for lasting change.