Are we paying close enough attention to the nurture and health of our teachers? Can they manage their own challenges before meeting head-on with the challenges of our children? How do they maintain confidence, engage with their teams as well as their students? We often assume because teachers chose this profession, that they have the skills to handle the stress that comes with it. Teachers bring challenges and struggles they are facing to the classroom just like students. They are trained to bring education to children, not teach them basic rules of behavior, confidence, empathy and self-advocacy. Like any employee, teachers have their own stresses to manage, never mind administration relationships, parent communications, rapidly changing curriculum, with constant evaluation and scrutiny.
At MindsetGo, we take a holistic view, with an emphasis on teaching skills and tools that enable meaningful success. Our passion is to teach others how to get to the root cause of what ails them; at work, at school and at home, and instruct others to do the same; reducing stress, creating time freedom and designing work/life balance into their lives so they can bring their best selves to the classroom.
- New staff and substitutes onboarding/integrating with established team of educators
- Teachers who train others or need to improve student engagement practices
- Staff, Educators and students who wish to step into bigger roles
- Student groups, education professionals and board members working with an increasingly wide range of personalities and interests
- Administration professionals who often are the first point of contact and resolution for parents
- Vocal Change Agents or Educational leaders
- Classroom Simulations
- Collaborative Discussions
- Group Activities
- Role Playing and Modeling
Best suited for groups from 10-30 people. The modules are built for continuous learning. Programs can be taught in either 90 minute, two hour or half-day increments.
- Active Listening
- Non-Verbal Skills
- Social Awareness
- Showing and modeling empathy
- Creating a physical environment that engages students
- Providing an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults
- Promoting social development and group responsibility
- Facilitating learning experiences that promote autonomy, interaction and choice